Friday, May 27, 2011

Fitting In...Standing out...Habits!

It's friday, yay! just got out of this meeting with my boss and colleagues...I feel sleepy! and a bit out of place still.
It's the end of week 2 at my new job, so far, so good. Settling in has been aii...Colleagues have been generally friendly, but i still feel like the 'new kid in school'... I guess it's inevitable sha that i feel like that.
Anyways, i also really want to be careful in fitting in. In as much as i want to stop being the 'new kid', i don't want to totally just blend in, cos i still need an objective view and understanding of my colleagues, especially since my role might come across as 'crossing territories' some times. I also want to be careful about not falling into habits i'm trying to drop, like talking a lot :D.
Yes, i talk a lot...sure blogging will help sha, imagine saying all of this to another human being ( Too many words).

Speaking of habits, i read it somewhere that if you do something continously for eight(8) days, it becomes a habit. I've been careful about talking a lot in the office and in general for almost 12days now( since i resumed last week), i pray it has become a habit o! Worked with our daily family devotion though, we have re-cultivated the habit, and it seems to have come to stay.Thank God for that...I have also cultivated the habit of saying a short prayer(devotional) when i resume work every morning....I pray that stays too, Amen!
So, it's 'drop one bad habit, gain at least one(1) new one for me!'....Let's see how it goes!

Enough rambling for now...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment