Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sudden Halt

Been a while...

Imagine travelling to say Ibadan and the road's been so free, there really hasn't been any reason to bring the car to a halt...

And then from no where, you see a human being (like yourself) run into the road...what happens?

Now imagine the same scenario with a lot of police checkpoints (about 7 so far)...so you've been moving at a somewhat slow pace...before this suicidal being runs into the road?

Which will more likely cause a major accident?

Well...

The first happened to me, not on the road...but in my heart! My 'supposedly' happy relationship came to a sudden halt!

Effect: Numbness!!!

In my last post I wrote about how I'm already thinking wedding colours...in this, I'm back at 1!

Reason: Out of no where, he claims his mum's 'white-garment' affiliates don't approve of 'us' as the 'road' may not be 'smooth'!

That doesn't hurt as much as his 'confusion' and need for 'space' to think about if he wants to take the 'risk'!'Risk' here being me! Whew!

It's been almost three(3) weeks and I haven't heard a word (not a call,sms or bbm), though I can tell he's still alive from his frequent bb updates. I have ended 'that' in my heart, I definitely don't want to be a 'risk' that was taken!

Anyways, that's that...

Question now is 'when will I ever get out of this happiness-pain cycle?', if I do, will I be the same? As it is, all I feel is emptiness and numbness...and sometimes anger!

I guess sudden accidents have the worst impacts afterall...

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment